Hammerite first appeared in 1962, and soon developed a name for quality products with its unique formulation. Today, Hammerite is sold in over 55 countries worldwide. Their knowledge and understanding of metal remains unrivalled and Hammerite continues to be supported by world-class research and innovation – therefore, you can rest assured that when they produced Waxoyl, they knew what they were doing.
Opie Oils are proud to stock the Waxoyl range, designed to be an all-round rustproofing treatment for your vehicle – with prices starting from as little as £8.92.
There are an array of beneifts to be gained from using this on your vehicle:
- Kills old rust and prevents new
- Forms a flexible waterproof skin
- Apply to the insides of doors, behind sills, chassis and anywhere that water is likely to collect
- Available with a range of applicators
- Available in Aerosol, Schutz, refill can and pressure can
- Chases out any moisture, cuts through oil films, gets through grease and dirt in moments in order to cling to metal surfaces
Opie Oils stock the black and clear options, from easy to use aerosols to pressurised refill cans for Schutz compressor coating guns – whatever you need, we’ve got it covered. Why not have a look HERE to see the range that we have on offer.
Until next time
The importance of regular wiper blade maintenance and inspection is commonly overlooked. Wiper blades are not something that is used every day (unless you live in Cornwall) even in the depths of winter.
But when you do need them, you need them to work well – for example, being caught on the motorway at high speed when heavy rain hits with innefective wiper blades is very dangerous.
Not to worry, Opie Oils has a wide range of quality wiper blades – all you need to do is use our handy LOOK UP GUIDE to find the correct ones for your vehicle!
Below, we have common problems with wipers and the recommended action you should take:
- STREAKING – Perhaps the most common complaint is narrow streaks left on the windscreen or bands that remain after each stroke. Thoroughly clean the windscreen and blades to remove any dirt or dust that could account for this – if the problem persists then it is likely that the blades are cracked due to ultraviolet light and ozone, allowing water to pass through these cracks. In this case, the blade must be replaced.
- JUDDERING – Blade skipping or juddering accross the screen causing noise? This can be due to, A: Extreme temperatures or extended periods of non use can cause the rubber blade to curve, changing the contact angle. B: The angle of the wiper arm – even a box fresh blade can judder if the arm presents at the wrong angle. Technicians can take a line from roof to bonnet; where the arm touches the screen, it should be flat on that line – if not, it should be carefully twisted back into profile.
- SQUEAKING – Squeaking blades can be incredibly distracting. Old blades can squeak as the rubber hardens, in this case, a replacement will be required. If your blades are new, then thoroughly check that the windscreen itself is clean and free of contaminates. If the squeaking persists, then it is recommended to check the wiper assemblies and spring tension – if they are loose, air will get trapped between the blade and the screen, causing it to squeak; too tight and they are more likely to drag and chatter across the screen.
- MISSED AREAS – If the wiper leaves large or small areas of the screen unwiped, it is likely that the rubber is damaged – ultraviolet rays are a contributing factor, and general ageing are to blame. In this case, there are no repairs to be made, and the only course of action is to replace the blade.
- SMEARING – This is caused when water is left on the windscreen, even after the blade passes over it. This can seriously hamper vision in wet conditions. Smearing in one direction in cold conditions = the blade is deteriorating. Smearing in both directions = dirty blade or screen. Again, drivers should thoroughly clean the windscreen and carefully clean the blade. If the problem reoccurs later, you should try a higher quality screenwash.
We hope that you find this helpful, if there is any further information that you require just give us a call on 01209 202 944 or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll be happy to look into it for you!
Got a truck or bus registered after 2006?
AdBlue is a high purity non-toxic solution of Urea in demineralised water used in the exhaust systems of Euro4 or Euro5 trucks to reduce harmful emissions. AdBlue is a trade mark owned by the VDA, most truck manufacturers use the SCR system which requires AdBlue. To protect the SCR system the vehicle manufacturers have issued a specification standard ISO 22241 for the quality of AdBlue.
Opie Oils have this on the shelf and ready to go – with prices starting from as little as £9.95
Also included with the 2 litre bottle is a handy filler cap that can be re-used, and the 10 litre can comes with a detachable filler hose.
- Mercedes OEM Number 000 583 01 07
- VW/Audi OEM Number G052 910 A2
- BMW OEM Number 83 19 0 441 139
- Mazda OEM Number 0000-AD-0002
AdBlue is stored in a separate tank on the vehicle. It is precisely metered into the hot exhaust manifold where the urea solution breaks-down into Ammonia and reacts with exhaust gasses in the presence of a catalytic converter. The oxides of nitrogen formed at combustion are converted into harmless elementary nitrogen and water. This method is called Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR). It is a common misconception that AdBlue is a fuel additive.
Need a bit more info? Have a look below at the diagram explaining how all this works:
Until next time
We know what it’s like after all the mad spending at Christmas, and how your bank account can feel the pinch in the new year. Sometimes, jobs that need doing on your vehicle can be put off until you’ve recovered a bit from spoiling everyone – Not to worry, Opie Oils has arrived conveniently just in time for pay day so that you can get the work done. Sooner rather than later!
The Opie Oils payday weekend sale is NOW ACTIVE and ready to go, simply use the code: PAYDAY to get 15% off everything on our website, www.opieoils.co.uk but you have to be quick, as this offer ends on MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 31st January!
To take advantage of this limited time offer, place an order online at www.opieoils.co.uk or give us a call on 01209 202944
Don’t forget, we’ve got a really handy look up guide to help you out if you’re not 100% sure what you need, ranging from performance filters to Brembo brake discs, pads and drums.
Need an engine oil and filter service kit to get your vehicle off to a strong start for the new year? Not a problem, follow THIS LINK to find the bespoke kit for you!
If you’re servicing or maintaining your vehicle, it’s important to have a high quality trolley jack and axle stand so you know you’re safe to get underneath. Opie Oils has a range of trolley jacks and axles stands to suit almost any need, all available to purchase online from as little as £14.95!
These are the perfect addition to any workshop – depending on the model, they are capable of holding up to 3 tonnes, thery’re easily manouverable, and have variable lifting height, so whatever you need, there will be a top of the range item to suit you. Simply follow THIS LINK to browse the range and view further details or specifications.
Already got an axle stand or jack? Not a problem, we also sell creeper boards to make your service easy and comfortable!
Don’t forget, if you need any advice on choosing the correct model for your particular set up, simply give us a call on 01209 202 944 Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 5:30 or drop us an email on email@example.com we’ll be happy to help.
RaceX have been getting a bit of a reputation recently for their quality products – in fact, this tyre pressure gauge won the 2015 Auto Express Best Buy award. We now have this workshop essential on the shelf and ready to go from as little as £9.95!
This sturdy, simple to use pressure gauge is an essential part of your onboard toolkit. Due to its right angled head and hold button the clear dial is incredibly easy to read away from the tyre. It sports ANSI grade B accuracy so it is ideal for use in professional applications too. Need more info? Not a problem, follow THIS LINK to find out more.
Remember, if you need any advice on choosing the correct items, just give us a ring on 01209 202 944 Monday to Friday, 8:30-5:30, or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll be ready to help.
Until next time,
In Europe, Mercedes, BMW, VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda and General Motors all choose Fuchs products as factory fill for their prestigious cars. Fuchs engine oils meet the latest and most demanding specifications set. At the pinnacle of their synthetic oils, they offer the Fuchs Titan Race Pro range, and as part of these fantastic race oils, is the Fuchs Titan Race Pro C3 5w-30. Available on the Opie Oils website from as little as £49.96!
If you have a performance diesel engine that has a diesel particulate filter fitted, picking a performance oil for it has been tricky. It gets even more tricky if the engine has been tuned. Removing the DPF was an option, however due to the change in MOT regulations, that isn’t a great idea any more.
To cater for that, Fuchs have produced the Fuchs Titan Race Pro C3 5w-30, which is an ester based oil – just like the very popular Fuchs Titan Race Pro S and R. It is designed to protect your engine during hard use that could cause normal oils to break down. Fancy a closer look? Follow the link HERE for further details.
Although the Fuchs Titan Race Pro C3 5w-30 is not manufacturer approved (so not for cars under warranty), it has been designed for use in place of BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and VW group cars that require the ACEA C3 specification for the DPF.
There are various other cars, such as Hondas, KIAs, Vauxhalls, Minis, Nissans, Peugots and Subarus that also require a C3 oil – this is a top of the range option for them.
Not sure if this is suitable for your particular set up? Not a problem, just give us a call on 01209 202 944 Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 5:30 and we can look into it for you. Alternatively, drop us a message on here or an email to email@example.com we’ll be happy to help!
We also have a huge range of engine oil and filter service kits available for your vehicle, with prices starting from as little as £17.99 with your club discount. It’s worth having a look through your options – just follow THIS LINK to our handy look up guide and start entering your vehicle details to find the correct one for your vehicle. It’s really that simple.
Until next time
Opie Oils are at it again! We have lowered the price on Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax Fuel Treatment. It’s now only £7.37 for 5ooML!! That is a massive 45% off RRP!!
The Benefits of using Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax;
- Increases Cetane Rating of Diesel by 4 Numbers
- Prevents fuel from ageing
- Provides fuel system corrosion control
- Engine smoothness, noise reduction and fuel savings
- Protection of fuel system
- Improve throttle and engine reponse
The Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax is suitable for all diesel engines.
That’s all from Opie Oils today.